For this month’s StyleStars, W/E got inspired by supermodels Charo Ronquillo and Catriona Gray, shining stars Anne Curtis and Georgina Wilson, and fashion mavens Daryl Chang and Tricia Gosingtian. These names have been among those to watch out for when it comes to pulling off the latest trends. (They also make sure that they look their very best while doing it too!) So if your mind is still full of question marks when it comes to printed trousers or showing off your best assets, look no further! Here are a few tips W/E gathered just for you.
1. Exude with confidence in an all black ensemble that accentuates your figure. Every woman should have a black dress in her closet. More importantly, every woman should have a black dress that fits her well. (There’s added “oomph” to one’s confidence when you know that everything is in place and you won’t be busting a seam.) During the launch of the latest Bench fragrances, Anne Curtis showed off her fierceness in an all-leather sweetheart top and skirt with zipper detail. She sang her heart out to Jennifer Lopez’s “Dance Again.” Though not everyone may be willing to sashay down the street in all leather, just like Anne Curtis, but W/E sure think it’s a great idea to finish off a look with a sexy pair of pointed toe pumps!
2. Work the right colors into your wardrobe. Working with the right colors help enhance the features you like best about yourself. Nude high heels, for example, are a go-to if you want to make your legs look longer. Take your cue from statuesque model/endorser Georgina Wilson: She caught everyone’s attention at the Belle de Jour Fair with her bright red dress and nude sky-high pumps. (It just seemed like her legs would go on forever!)
3. Add variety to your monochrome look with color. Monochrome basically means executing a look with just one color. You may opt to strictly follow this color theme… but where is the fun in that? W/E won’t mind if you decide to twist a few (fashion) rules. Fashion Blogger Tricia Gosingtian doesn’t seem to mind either. During her talk at the Belle de Jour Fair, she paired her knit sweater and black-and-white printed trousers with red pumps. W/E think she looks absolutely cute!
4. Check your prints and match your mouth. Many can only aspire to pull off bold print-on-print looks – just like what Daryl Chang wore during Philippine Fashion Week. With the advancement in digital and print technology, there are more variations of printed clothing available to suit your personal style comfort level. (Keep in mind to look for smaller prints for a subtle effect if it’s your first time to give this trend a go!) While you’re at it, try using a lip color that complements your skin tone and outfit.
5. Be mindful of your off duty style. W/E love the off duty style of Supermodel Charo Ronquillo, who W/E spotted right after Philippine Fashion Week. Despite having gone through a long day, she looked put-together and stylish in a chiffon high-low dress and strappy sandals.
6. Have fun! Our last tip from this month’s set of Style Tips comes from model/singer Catriona Gray, who walked down numerous shows during Philippine Fashion Week. W/E especially loved her confidence during the Magnum Trends Show, where she and other models displayed beautiful clothing designs while enjoying Magnum. This just goes to show that you should never be too serious in fashion. You can have your ice cream and eat it too!
Quoting the content of this material is permitted as long as the source is clearly stated. For more information about their products, get in touch with WearEveryday Manila via email. All prices are correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice. Prices and stock availability may vary.